Thursday 30 July 2015

Everything in between

From the hills of Kashmir to the pristine beaches of Kanyakumari and Desert of kutch to the bay of bengal, lives a diverse population with varied cultural beliefs,practicing various religions, speaking different languages, celebrating various festivals and eating variety of food.Yes the name says it right! This series is about everything in between. Our India is world renowned for its diverse culture. Unity in diversity is the motto we live by. Growing up I was always fascinated by this diversity in culture specially the food. My father is a chemical engineer working for a chemical factory. We grew up on a township far away from the city. I feel that I was privileged to grow up on that township as we lived amongst people from different states of india. Thus I was introduced to food from various states from a very young age.

This series is a tribute to my growing up. Each week I will bring you a plate from a state of India. I have been researching each state to know more about their traditional food, culture, traditions and I was surprised to find out so many new things that I never knew. Making this series is fun as it is giving food for both my brain (knowledge) and tummy (real food that we all love). Kick starting this series and also my first post on this blog with beautiful state of palaces Rajasthan. Please watch this space for soon to be updated post on Rajasthan.

No comments:

Post a Comment