Saturday 3 October 2015

Brussels sprouts Pakora.

So have been long since I posted my last post. These days I am trying to eat healthy and so am always trying healthy twists on classic dishes. Being part of many internet foodie groups I often come across  many inspirations but noted that Brussels sprouts were not a frequent on my news feeds! Decided to try it in form of pakora and so came up with following. I wasn't sure how it would turn out but gave it a try any way. Following recipe is for Pakoras but I also made muthiyas from same batch. If you are trying to eat healthy but bored of usual salads and soups diet you must try this. Jowar flour is considered to be healthy option too with ample protein supplement. This is a perfect low carb snack option without compromising on taste. Do give this a try and send me your comments and suggestions in comment box here.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Jowar flour
1/4 cup Besan (chickpea flour)
1/4 cup Bhakhri flour (Coarse wheat flour)
1 cup finely chopped Brussels sprouts
1.5 tbsp Ginger, garlic,chilli paste (Freshly ground)
1/2 cup thick yogurt (Sour taste is better)
1 tbsp oil
2 tsp red chili powder
2 tsp cumin coriander powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste

In a bowl mix all the ingredients as mentioned above. Add water as required. I kept consistency to soft consistency but still I was able to make loose balls to place in paniyarapm pan.

Place Paniyarapam pan on gas top and grease all the moulds with oil. Once the pan is heated carefully place prepared balls into each mould, cover pan and on slow gas cook for 2 - 3 minutes. Open the pan, turn the balls and cook again. Turn the gas off after 2 - 3 minutes and leave it on stove top with lid closed for 5 minutes before serving.





















2 comments:

  1. Why did I m8ss reading this post??? I l9ve Brussel sprouts... and I'm sure I'll love this too ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did I m8ss reading this post??? I l9ve Brussel sprouts... and I'm sure I'll love this too ☺

    ReplyDelete